Born entrepreneurs are said to exist in our world. That’s the belief of many.
Let’s for a moment forget about the raging debate out there as to whether entrepreneurs are born or made.
What I know for sure is that people who become successful entrepreneurs tend to have certain inborn qualities.
Some of these extraordinary individuals are able to discover themselves early. And they have gone ahead to do what they know how to do best.
Unfortunately, many others, due to factors such as environmental constraints, limited or no self-awareness, and family background, go through life like the rest of us.
They find themselves locked up in dead-end jobs that give them no fulfillment.
They only manage to struggle through life until the day they depart from this world with all their music still inside them -unsung.
Knowing yourself will help.
So how can you know that you have been wired right from conception to become that inventor, innovator, risk taker and a high achiever?
How would you, my dear reader, know for sure that you too are one of those rare individuals called born entrepreneurs?
In this article, I am going to focus on certain things that people who have what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur tend to hate with all their is in them.
If you can count many of the below dislikes among the things you personally hate then you could be having the markings of a born entrepreneur.
Personal dislikes of born entrepreneurs
- You hate being ordered around by just anybody.
- You hate being pigeonholed into a single role or activity.
- You don’t feel it is proper to always wait till the end of a period, say a month, to be paid or to earn the next new income.
- You hate the small talk that usually goes on among workers in the office or at the workplace.
- You hate paying bribes before getting the promotion you rightly deserve or merit.
- You hate being bogged down by rules – because you’re a rebellious, free and creative spirit.
- You hate blaming others for your financial difficulties. You wish you could take personal responsibility for the level of your income.
- You hate earning income from a single source.
- You hate spending much of the day doing very little productive work in return for a salary.
- You don’t think there is any meaningful security in a paid job.
- You hate having to wait till you reach retirement age in your 60s before you are able to receive a large sum of pension money to build a house or finance other dream projects to make you live comfortably.
- You hate the daily grind and the stress that comes with having to commute to work.
- You hate being woken up by an alarm clock ordering you to rush to work or else …
- You hate entertaining the dreadful idea of the possibility of losing your job any time.
- You hate being obliged to go to work even when you don’t feel like it.
- If you live in my part of the world, you hate being told by a bank official when you go to take your salary that sorry, your salary hasn’t come this month.
- You hate having to wait for a public holiday, an annual leave or a vacation in order to have an enjoyable me-time.
So, these are just a few of the tell-tale signs nudging you to do something drastic about your employment status.
Who knows, this could be the right time for you to seriously consider entrepreneurship as a more personally fulfilling career option.
Do you sometimes feel like you belong to that group called born entrepreneurs? What are the signs that make you think so? Are they your dislikes or they are certain things you love doing? Share your thoughts in a comment below.